Terms & Conditions
1. To become part of our dance school a registration form must be completed with policies checked.
2. Children must be aware there is a zero tolerance on any kind of bullying or abuse, this may lead to dismissal should they be caught with this behaviour.
3. Although there is no uniform policy children are required to wear comfortable or fitness wear (e.g. no jeans) with closed toe shoes such as trainers, plimsolls or dance shoes.
4. Enrolling in our school means you automatically sign up to our shows, please inform us if you are unable to attend.
5. Fees are paid termly, please ensure all payments are made by the first week of classes to avoid and increased fees.
6. We have a zero tolerance to violence or aggressive behaviour for our students and friends and family of the students towards other students, friends and family and staff. Any disagreements will be dealt with in person to discuss each matter. Any negative comments made outside of the school, especially when they have not been raised with principal, will not be tolerated and can lead to dismissal from the school.
As a school we believe in giving every child an opportunity to perform on stage, we may hold a christmas and/or a yearly show that all students are welcome to be a part of. As you register for the school classes you are automatically entered for our school shows. If you are unable to attend you must notify the principal at least 6 weeks prior to show time. All show dates will e released in September of each school year. Shows will cost each student a participation fee which may or may not include costume fees, each show will also be by paid admission to view the show.
Our payment policy requires half termly fees unless requested otherwise for each class attended. Fee will need to be paid by the first day of classes, payments after 2 weeks of class start date will incur a 10% increase for each week unpaid. Payments can be online via our store or in person. Please notify us of any problems with fees immediately to avoid an increased fee.
We may collect the following data during registration for your childs safety, contact with parents/supervisors and contact for events, examination sessions and to apply for performance licenses or performance exemption licences.
Name, childs name, email address, emergency contact numbers, medical conditions, date of birth, school attending and address.
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
1. data is given to us by you; and
2. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
Sapphire Dance & Fitness will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
1. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
2. when you use our services.
Data that is collected automatically
1. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
2. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
3. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
1. Internal record keeping;
2. Improvement of our products / services;
4. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
5. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent.
If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
Who we share Data with
1. The school staff and cover teachers which may need your contact for emergencies.
2. The International's Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) when entering your child in exams.
3. The relevant council to your home address for licences regarding the school performance and shows.
Keeping Data secure
. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example: access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you. We store your Data on secure servers. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: .
2. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the right to remove or view your data at any time, to remove your data please email .
30. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
31. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Sapphire Dance & Fitness to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
32. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
33. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
34. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
35. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
36. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
37. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
40. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
41. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Sapphire Dance & Fitness by email at email@example.com.
03 June 2018
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
Description of Cookie
Creates activities and BI
Identifies logged in site members
We use the following functionality cookies:
Description of Cookie
Identifies logged in site members
Terms and conditions of use
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Amy Clavey, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Amy Clavey and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Amy Clavey and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Amy Clavey, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission
2. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
b. print one copy of the Content
3. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Amy Clavey.
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
6. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Amy Clavey makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Amy Clavey is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
7. Whilst Amy Clavey uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
8. Amy Clavey accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
9. Amy Clavey reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
10. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
11. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
12. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Amy Clavey accepts no liability for any of the following:
a. any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b. loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
13. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
14. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
16. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
17. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
18. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
19. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Amy Clavey details
20. Amy Clavey of 4 knox bridge, kents hill, buckinghamshire, MK76EA operates the Website .
You can contact Amy Clavey by email on .
21. These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer ().